Sunday, June 3, 2012

Haiku Me

So here's a random, weird factoid about me: I walk around writing haiku poems in my head all the time. No, seriously, it's true. For those who don't know (or don't remember) a haiku is a three line poem with a 5-7-5 syllable pattern (the first line has five syllables, the second line has seven syllables, and the last line has five syllables). I've gotten to the point where I could probably write a haiku about any topic, person, or item in less than two minutes flat. Sometimes I write them down, other times I use them as a form of silent entertainment to amuse myself throughout the day. Anyway, I decided to post some of my favorites (written in the past and more recently). These are by no means profound insights on life, just the random ish that runs through my head from time to time. Since I don't ever take the time to title them, I keep track of the ones I do write down by number. Enjoy!

Haiku #1
Time to start over
a new opportunity
like fresh morning dew.


Haiku #2
I ignore Your voice
when I'm doing what I want
glad Lord You forgive.

Haiku #3
Summer vacation
A time to laugh and relax
I will miss my kids.

Haiku #4
I call you by name
I want to call you Daddy
the word doesn't fit.

Haiku #5
I love my Grandma
I should call and tell her but
I'm busy again.

Haiku #6
I saw your new girl
I pretend not to notice
fuck you and fuck her.

Haiku #8
I love my laughter
Head back, mouth open, smile wide
I can taste my joy.

Haiku #9
I used to get high
a sad, foolish, little girl
caught up in the smoke.

Haiku #12
We sit side by side
texting, tweeting, facebooking.
Now we're worlds apart.

Haiku #14
I've lost lots of friends
for a while couldn't see that
the problem is me.

Haiku #15
People who are fat
make me scared to death of food
I'm vain to the core.

Haiku #16
Sometimes when you talk
my mind looks at your lips and
thinks "Shut the hell up!"

Haiku #17
When I am teaching
sharing, leading, loving kids
I am God's vessel.

Haiku #18
My fear is a car
Scared to move forward, but still
get in, press the gas.

That's it for now. So the next time you're stuck in traffic, or sitting in a boring meeting, or having a pointless argument, give this a try! You never know what kind of fun stuff you might come up with...LOL. Till next time...

-MsSexyDanielle

No comments:

Post a Comment