Monday, August 9, 2010

A Special Birthday Celebration

It's official: I'm old! Kidding, I'm not getting older, just better ;-) So over the weekend I celebrated my big 2-7 with a very special man in a very special city: Savannah! I was super-excited about going, because I hadn't been to Savannah since I was 10 years old. Even though there isn't anything specifically spectacular about it, something about the quaint perfection of the little city by the river captivated me, even as a child. I spent all of Saturday afternoon strolling along the riverfront, arm in arm with my honey, weaving in and out of a throng of  strangers, randomly drifting from shop to shop with no particular destination in mind. Sunny blue skies and jazz music wafting through the air were like delicious cherries on top of an already picture perfect day. Corny as it sounds, I couldn't have asked for a better day.

While in Savannah, I also got my first taste of ultra high-end, fine dining. Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm a "foodie," so this was right up my alley. Anyway, we went to this restaurant called Alligator Soul, and it was absolutely divine. From the shrimp and andouille sausage covered in mango sauce, to the pork tenderloin glazed with peach mole (pronounced mo-lay), every dish was absolutely delectable. When I first glanced over the menu, I was a bit worried. There were a number of items that I couldn't even pronounce, much less develop a clue about how they might taste. But after the first course, I was at ease, and after every morsel that was set in front of me, I had to fight the urge to pick up my plate and lick it! Let's just say my palette was thoroughly pleased.

On yesterday, it was time to return to reality, and begrudgingly, I said good-bye to beautiful Savannah. A part of me felt a little cheated though, because there were so many other things and places that I wanted to see that we just didn't have time to visit. Ultimately, it reminded me of how much I love just getting away from the norm, escaping my everyday existence with someone special by my side. (sigh) If only everyday could be a vacation....till next time, toodles!


-MsSexyDanielle

1 comment:

  1. Awh that was lovely.....maybe one day my boo will wisk me away!!!!

    ReplyDelete